Church history 

Lady Margaret Willoughby de Broke built the church in memory of her husband. The church took 4 years to build from1856-1860. When the first stone was laid on July 24th 1856 by Lady Margaret who founded, erected and endowed this church at her own expense int he hope that it might tend to the glory of God.
"Mine house shall be called a House of Prayer for all people" Isiah 56:7

Click on the photo to see more details of the church.

Canadian War graves

The Church is close to what was The Kinmel Army Camp. The camp was built as a training camp before the First World War and could house up to 16,000 men.

At the end of the First World War many men were sent back here and many of them were Canadians. They were promised that they would be returning home by ships from Liverpool in the coming weeks.
Sadly that didn’t happen for many of them, as a result of the Spanish Flu Pandemic. Over 80 died and were laid to rest in the Church Yard many of them were in their early 20’s.
Some also rioted as the result of poor conditions, five men were killed in the riots,  four of them are buried at the Church One, man was repatriated back to Canada by his family.

We do get many visitors some coach parties and we welcome tours which can be booked when we will eventually be open again.

Click on the photo to find more information from  the commonwealth war graves commission